Re: [Healeys] Getting decent quality parts

To: "'John Soderling'" <jsoderling@astound.net>, "'Ray Carbone'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Getting decent quality parts
From: "John Sims" <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:18:22 -0500
I do not think that Ray meant that in any way other than to state that there
are several ways to turn a profit and God bless the fact that there is still
a profit motive in this country albeit a waning one. One way to turn a
profit is just to charge more than what it cost to buy from the original
manufacturer and ship it to the consumer no matter the quality or fit and
the other is to take a part from a manufacturer, (or wholesaler) test it,
add an override (profit) and resell it to the consumer. The key is testing
each item before it leaves the shop to make sure that the end consumer gets
a part that works and/or fits. I know that the Nocks do this and so do many
other Moss resellers. I mention Nock most often because I have been in their
shop but emailing with others I know that they do the same thing. That is
why Ray (a friend who lives a couple of miles away from me) and I prefer to
buy from the resellers such as Nock or Ed Kaler among others.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com