Re: [Healeys] Flywheels

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Flywheels
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:20:56 +0100
Bob,
When you lift the accelerator/loud pedal the engine drops its revs
faster and the synchro hubs/rings will need less effort (thus quicker)
to equalize the revs of the engine and gearbox input shaft. Also if you
have a no synchro box (racing) or worn synchro rings you have to double
declutch at down shifts which will also be faster if the engine respons
to the accelerator is better. Also banging in the gearstick at upshifts
is faster as again the engine drops its revs faster.
Hope this helps.
Kees Oudesluijs