Re: [Healeys] Lucas Sports Coil

To: PG <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lucas Sports Coil
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 08:31:39 -0800
Don't ballasted systems require two primary circuits; i.e. one for
starting (non-ballasted) and one for running (ballasted)? The
distributor won't care, as it switches the primary circuit--12V or
otherwise--to ground.

AFAIK, Sports Coils are not ballasted, and work with std. Healey
ignition circuits. The nominal resistance for Healey-suitable coils is
just over 1 ohm (i.e. only slight internal resistance). Neither our BN2
or BJ8 has ballasted systems.

I could be wrong (but this should start an interesting thread ;)

Bob

--
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net

Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. -
Henry Ford