Re: [Healeys] Tires

To: steveg@abrazosdata.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tires
From: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:36:08 -0700
--===============1889535622==

--------------070901000100000202060300

Gentlemen  and List,

Red Car was restored in 2001 prior to the 50th Anniversary Meet in Lake
Tahoe.  At that time I installed Dunlap 15 X 6" Stainless 72spoke
tubeless rims from BWW.  Hand mounted and balanced were tubeless Dunlop
SP Sport 4000, 205/65R/15's.   I have had zero problems with either the
rims or tires in several thousand miles.

We had no problems sealing the tires to the rims.  The reason I chose to
tubeless, Steve, is because if you have a simple puncture, like a nail,
a plug will seal it without having to break the tire down.  More than
that, will probably call for tire replacement anyway.  I have recently
joined other people in the Club who do not carry a spare.  We have a
Plug Kit and either a couple of cans of inflater or a cigarette lighter
powered compressor.  Having to break a wire wheel down and patch a tube
in Podunk, USA has always been one of my nightmares.

Sorry, JK,  I like the way that wheel and tire combination fill the
wheel wells and look.

Bill Barnett
'53 BN1M

--------------070901000100000202060300

<head>
</head>
Red Car was restored in 2001 prior to the 50th Anniversary Meet in Lake
Tahoe.&nbsp; At that time I installed Dunlap 15 X 6" Stainless 72spoke
tubeless rims from BWW.&nbsp; Hand mounted and balanced were tubeless Dunlop
SP Sport 4000, 205/65R/15's.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have had zero problems with either
the
rims or tires in several thousand miles.<br>
We had no problems sealing the tires to the rims.&nbsp; The reason I chose
to tubeless, Steve, is because if you have a simple puncture, like a
nail, a plug will seal it without having to break the tire down.&nbsp; More
than that, will probably call for tire replacement anyway.&nbsp; I have
recently joined other people in the Club who do not carry a spare.&nbsp; We
have a Plug Kit and either a couple of cans of inflater or a cigarette
lighter powered compressor.&nbsp; Having to break a wire wheel down and
patch a tube in Podunk, USA has always been one of my nightmares.<br>
Sorry, JK,&nbsp; I like the way that wheel and tire combination fill the
wheel wells and look.&nbsp; <br>
Bill Barnett<br>
'53 BN1M<br>
 type="cite">