Re: [Healeys] Tires

To: "'Alan Seigrist'" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, "'Mr. Bill'" <bn1@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tires
From: "Reinhart Rosner \(aon\)" <aon.912808691@aon.at>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 01:29:02 +0100
Delamination may be one of the problems with old tires. =

More often it will be hard tires. During the years tires kind of dry out.
They get harder and harder and loose grip on the road. This effect is worse
on wet roads or even on the snow. If you recognize this, it already might be
dangerous, if you have to stop e.g. if a child runs across the street. =

Little bit less dangerous but nevertheless a problem is grip driving through
a curve. Especially if you have to brake or want to accelerate. And again it
is worse if it is wet.

And hard tires will increase wear on the axles and the steering system.

Most of the automobile clubs recommend not to use tires longer than four
years after production. They might look fine but got old due to physical and
chemical process whether you use them or not.

Regards

Reinhart

Reinhart Rosner
1955 AH 100 BN1