Re: [Healeys] Tires

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tires
From: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:33:20 -0700
--===============0539365727==

--------------010604010803050807080107

Gentlemen and List,

When this "old tire" thread went around a couple of months ago, I had a
question but I wanted to do some research first.  I have since talked to
some longtime Healey friends and a bunch of 240Z maniacs I know.  It was
agreed by everyone I talked to that a tire used all the time does not
age the same as a tire sitting dormant on a shelf.  Living in Southern
California, my Healey is driven all the time.  My one owner 240Z has
been sitting a long time and, I agree, those tires are trash.  Because
of the lightness of those two cars, I get excellent mileage and have run
tires for 10 years on them.  I have never had a failure or even a bulge
to indicate delamination was about to happen.  Are we all just lucky?

Bill

--------------010604010803050807080107

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
When this "old tire" thread went around a couple of months ago, I had a
question but I wanted to do some research first.&nbsp; I have since talked
to some longtime Healey friends and a bunch of 240Z maniacs I know.&nbsp; It
was agreed by everyone I talked to that a tire used all the time does
not age the same as a tire sitting dormant on a shelf.&nbsp; Living in
Southern California, my Healey is driven all the time.&nbsp; My one owner
240Z has been sitting a long time and, I agree, those tires are trash.&nbsp;
Because of the lightness of those two cars, I get excellent mileage and
have run tires for 10 years on them.&nbsp; I have never had a failure or
even a bulge to indicate delamination was about to happen.&nbsp; Are we all
just
lucky?<br>
Bill</font><br>