Re: [Healeys] Great Bluetooth Headphone for the Healey

To: "'WILLIAM B LAWRENCE'" <ynotink@msn.com>, "'BJ8Healeys'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Great Bluetooth Headphone for the Healey
From: "John Sims" <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 21:31:16 -0400
More amazing is that there are several states that have just enacted laws
against texting while driving. Who in their right mind would take their
hands off the wheel and eyes off the road to compose text messages on that
itty bitty keyboard. Oh Excuse me, the same idiots who drink coffee and eat
a donut while glancing at a newspaper while driving. Thank God it takes two
hands and too feet to drive a Healey as opposed to a finger and a toe to
drive a newer car. And, what is so G@# D#$% important that it can not wait
until one gets to the next off ramp or rest area. I have had a phone in my
car since the days when the unit was a big box in the trunk and you had an
honest to god handset and keypad like a Princess phone mounted on the tranny
tunnel. My first car phone (old term) was in 1988 and I needed it as I had a
territory that covered California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington and drove
almost all of the time.  I have ALWAYS pulled over to take and make calls.
How many of us have heard calls in the supermarket "oh Hi - whatcha doing?"
"me neither - just shopping" "Oh OK call you later" The other voice is
probably saying something just as inane.  It never ceases to amaze me that
while there are statutes on the books in every state against reckless
driving or unsafe driving, all of a sudden every single thing has to be
spelled out meticulously. Could it be that we have too many attorneys in
this country looking for loopholes while people get killed? My rant for the
day but I do get tired of loopholes.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com