Re: [Healeys] Insulation Recommendations

To: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Insulation Recommendations
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 02:35:30 +0000
Dynamat is useful as a sound deadener, not so much for thermal insulation. I
got some stuff from a local upholstery shop. I don't know what it's called,
but it is a grey synthetic felt with a foil backing. I used it in place of the
jute carpet pad.
Bill Lawrence

> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:29:27 -0700
> From: healey3000bn7@yahoo.com
> To: healeys@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] Insulation Recommendations
>
> Hi Fellow Listers,
>
> After returning home form SEC earlier this week it became apparent I would
have attend to my interior.  It rained 6 of the 7 days we were traveling.
Everything got wet and stayed wet.  I removed the carpet when I returned home
so that it would dry.  The insulation material installed 8-10 years ago was
shot.  I had to pitch it.  So now I need to put something new in before
reinstalling the carpet.

> I've been looking at the Dynamat Xtreme and Dynamat Pad as a possible
candidate.  I see they use the Dynamat Xtreme product on the Overhaulin' cars.
I also know that Koolmat is becoming popular too. I am leaning toward the
Xtreme & Pad combination, but before I decide which way to go, I was wondering
if anyone had good experience with any other options.  Given the expense I
hope this is the last time I have to do this.

> If you have experience with the Xtreme product, how clean does the floor and
sheet metal have to be prior to installation?  I appreciate any advice.