Re: [Healeys] Your tax dollars NOT working

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Your tax dollars NOT working
From: <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 15:13:16 +0000
I'm fairly ignorant on these issues, but I thought the idea was to get money
moving when people were being cautious, as well as saving jobs.

Every time a dollar moves ... ( I'm sure you'll be shocked to hear this ) ...
it's taxed.  So, someone buys a car, and the gov't gets sales tax, the car
salesman and dealership earn money and pay income tax, the car gets plated,
insurance gets upgraded, the insurance company pays more income tax, the car
salesman spends his extra money and pays sales tax and the person who sold him
that "something" pays more income tax and spends his extra money ...  The new
car owner will probably spend some more money on his new "investment" for
loving care that he wasn't providing for on his clunker ... new floor mats,
wax, etc.  He probably signed on for scheduled dealer maintenance for a while
too, so he pays sales tax and the dealer makes more money and pays tax ...

I think that the idea was to get the dollars moving.  The taxpayer probably
didn't really pay anything, though they probably did front the money.

Robert D.

> > I never understood why you would take taxes from hardworking Americans
and
> > then give it to a small handful of other Amercans to go and buy a new
car?