Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100

To: Thomas Willig <twillig@ruda.de>, Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 6:54:13 -0600
???????   Why is this true for the 100 and not other versions?  What is
different about the rubber components in the 100?  I put DOT 5 in my BJ8 and
E-Type years ago and did nothing beforehand with the components.  Not a leak or
brake problem since.

tom

---- Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl> wrote:

Replace all rubber parts. Effectively rebuilt all your wheel cilinders,
callipers, master brake cilinder using new seals and renew/replace the
rubber brake hoses, preferrably with Teflon SS braiding items from eg
Goodridge.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

You are subscribed as tomfelts@windstream.net