Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100
From: "Eric (Rick) Wilkins" <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:31:26 -0800
I've only seen anecdotal evidence of the so-called degradation of
existing rubber seals by changing to silicone fluids.

Many sources say there is no worry at all. Others say that external
parts like boot seals are susceptable to the silicone fluids.

Some sources even list the Dot 3-4 fluids as being "compatible" with
Dot 5 (silicone)

Go figure.

Wilko