Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100

To: <price@advocateadvisors.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:45:14 +0100
Price,
Most times we just used an air compressor to pump plenty of air through the
system. If you are careful you may clean and dry the master and wheel
cylinders separately. One of my more careful friends used some brake cleaner
fluid and pumped it through the system before filled with DOT5.
My experience is, that in case the rubbers swell, they swell during first
24-48 hours when filled with the DOT5.  When the brake pedal is still firm
after 48 hours, all is fine. Otherwise it was always the master cylinder which
failed. New rubbers/seals there always solved this.
Disclaimer: That's just my experience.

Josef Eckert
54BN1, 62BT7, 65Sprite

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----