Re: [Healeys] Ivory White vs OEW

To: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ivory White vs OEW
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:41:46 -0800
Fellow Listers,

Let's not make this harder than it is.

White six-cylinder cars are listed as Ivory White.  However from the
Concours Guidelines, 2008 edition, page 117 under 6-cylinder Cars...
*
- Ivory White and Old English White, though different color names, all were
the same WT.3 paint code.*

Also from Don Pikovnik's book "Austin Healey Guide to Historic Colors."

*Old English White - WT.03
ICI - 2379
aka "Ivory"*

OK, one more time.. *AKA "IVORY"*

And for those who are still confused aka means - also known as.

THEREFORE...for all intents and purposes it says Ivory White (is listed as
the color name for *our* cars) but is in fact Old English White.

My apologies to Wm. Shakespeare - "A white Austin Healey by any other name
will still be Olde English White."

This horse is DEAD.

Cheers ;-)

Curt