Re: [Healeys] Ivory White vs OEW

To: Curt/Nancy Arndt <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ivory White vs OEW
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:12:13 +0000 (UTC)
IIRC--the book's at home--Pikovnic lists two whites for BN1s and BN2s: OEW and
Ivory (Pale or White I don't recall--think Pale). I'll check tonight, but I
believe they were different color codes (the paint chips were perceptibly
different).

So, the answer is: there were two 'whites' for the 100s, and one--known either
as OE or Ivory--for the 6-cyl cars?

bs

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Fellow Listers,

Let's not make this harder than it is.

White six-cylinder cars are listed as Ivory White. However from the Concours
Guidelines, 2008 edition, page 117 under 6-cylinder Cars...

- Ivory White and Old English White, though different color names, all were the
same WT.3 paint code.

Also from Don Pikovnik's book "Austin Healey Guide to Historic Colors."

Old English White - WT.03
ICI - 2379
aka "Ivory"

OK, one more time.. AKA "IVORY"

And for those who are still confused aka means - also known as.

THEREFORE...for all intents and purposes it says Ivory White (is listed as the
color name for our cars) but is in fact Old English White.

My apologies to Wm. Shakespeare - "A white Austin Healey by any other name will
still be Olde English White."

This horse is DEAD.

Cheers ;-)

Curt