Re: [Healeys] Garage lift

To: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Garage lift
From: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:56:28 -0800
I have the Greg Smith Equipment lift in my garage.  My garage is the normal
2 car 8 foot ceiling type and it fits just fine.  My Bugeye will fit on the
runners with the 170/70R13 tires so the inner wall is just flush with the
inside edge of the runners.  Have to be very careful driving it on, but with
the Bugeye on top with it's windscreen up between the 2X4 rafters, the
limiting factor is the garage door.  The door, when open, is located just
over the rear deck of the Bugeye.  I can lift it up just high enough over
one of the detent blocks welded in the upright to let it back down to safely
"lock" it at that heighth and the BN2 will slip under it with the windscreen
folded back.  Not bad for a 8' ceiling, but I cannot get any of my other
cars to go up high enough to do anything other than get under them with a
creeper due to the garage door limitation.  If you have a higher ceiling
your possibilities of servicing any vehicle are much better.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
69 AN5