Re: [Healeys] Muffler for Healey 100

To: <awgertoo@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Muffler for Healey 100
From: "gary brierton" <gbrierton@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 06:10:34 -0500
Hi Michael,
The Silver Bullet (BJ8) has a tail pipe & muffler system fabricated by a
local muffler guy incorporating two mufflers that seem to me to be identical
to the 1950's  "Cherry Bombs" or glass packs. The sound is very close to
what I remember from my original BJ8's in the '60's.  No blatting or
back-fires on deceleration.  We kept both pipes on the left side all the way
to the end.  Pretty good ground clearance and lots of ++ comments from other
old Healey guys.
GaryB