Re: [Healeys] Muffler for Healey 100

To: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Muffler for Healey 100
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:51:07 -0000
Hi Mike,
<snip> Please do not get me wrong, the sound of a well tuned exhaust note is
wonderful....  <snip>  Are you saying yours isn't?

Getting stopped by the traffic cops every time you pass them (that is if you
can find a traffic cop over hear nowadays!) and getting a ticket may appeal to
your sense of humour but I think the time spent off the road until my licence
was returned by the Courts combined with the higher insurance costs may deter
me.  We also have a wonderful thing called the VDRS - the Vehicle Defect
Rectification Scheme that stops you using the vehicle until it is legal in
Police and/or Ministry eyes.  If you get a couple of those your vehicle is
confiscated anyway and you are left stood at the side of the road.

All the best,

Guy

ps my post should have read scavaging systems for LBCs, not savaging systems
for LBCs.