Re: [Healeys] Bike mufflers Was: Re: Muffler for Healey 100

To: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>, "Bob
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bike mufflers Was: Re: Muffler for Healey 100
From: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 13:40:34 -0500
you wrote: I think loud pipes as a safety feature is overstated.  Just my
opinion, based on my observations.

I have to agree that loud pipes do not help in every situation, but when you
are on a bike, you take every precaution and if  the loud pipes help prevent
an accident just once, they are worth it.  My Velo is kinda loud and I see
heads turn well in advance of me, However, my newer Honda, with its quieter
pipes, does not have the same effect.  Lets face it, by todays standards,
our Healeys are pretty loud too!

Mirek
60 BT7
85 Honda VF1000R