Re: [Healeys] under dash insulation pad

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] under dash insulation pad
From: healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:43:57 -0400
Tom
One thing with cutting the holes with a knife. If a grommet has to be
inserted in the hole in the firewall the extra thickness of the tar
paper/felt may make it difficult to fit the grommet. Original cutouts
were over sized. Some holes are in the tar paper just to clear the
welded nuts on the back of the firewall. I found it just as easy to
make a paper template and then cut or punch the holes using it as a
guide on the tar paper. All the best.
Aloha
Perry

Tom wrote:

Rob,

Many thanks for the tip. Especially helpful since likely not to have all
right hole punch sizes.
Tom

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html