Re: [Healeys] bj8 window glass / door rubber seal

To: MBran89793@aol.com, tahoehealey@hotmail.com, ampole@hotmail.com,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] bj8 window glass / door rubber seal
From: MBran89793@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 12:50:44 EDT
Hi Rich-
I had a similar problem with  the  window rubber strips on my BJ8. After
having tried several different  rubber lubricants it was suggested that I try
Armor  All-Protectant.
First I lowered the windows all  the way down. Using my fingers I applied
the Armor All- Protectant to  the rubber strip on both the under and upper
surfaces. Rolled  the window up and let it set over night. The next day when I
tried to lower the  window much to my surprise it worked just they should.
What a dummy I am. After having  represented Armor All in the mid '70 in
the Southeastern states I should have  known that it works wonders on almost
anything rubber,

Marion S. Brantley,  Jr.
Tampa Bay  AHC
Delegate/ Membership  Chairman

(I have the  exact problem you stated. I wont have the car on the road 'till
next week but  I had planned to use some rubber lubricant and clean and wax
the
windows to  see if it improves the "drag". The old rubber was tapered but
this
new stuff  from Moss is stiff. It curls in as the window goes down. I've
been
meaning to  call Moss but I have too many other issues in getting back on
the
road. I  didn't like the felt strip the sent me either.
Rich  Kahn)
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html