Re: [Healeys] trans issues

To: <BEAU2EVE@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] trans issues
From: "Peter Schauss" <rpschauss@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:41:55 -0400
Beau,

I had a similar problem, interestingly enough, about a year after I switched
from 30 weight nondetergent oil to MTL.  I solved my problem by replacing
the o-ring on the accumulator housing.  While you have the accumulator
assembly out you should probably replace the accumulator piston rings as
well.

The good news is that you can work on the accumulator without removing the
gearbox and overdrive from the car.

HTH,
Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7