Re: [Healeys] 100M?

To: Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100M?
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 08:52:42 +0100
Josef

I am the same side of the pond as you and don't agree. I for one do
care.

In my experience most owners are interested in accuracy and authenticity
and are therefore keen to know the history of their car including such
things as what model and what interesting features have been added. Most
owners strive towards their car being original as possible and their
efforts should be rewarded.

One thing I believe that has been missed. BN2 100Ms only differ from a
standard BN2 by engine modifications, louvred bonnet and strap,  a two
tone paint job and little else.

Le Mans kits for BN1s had a much longer and largely different list of
features.

If you have seen a BMIHT certificate for BN1 that says 'Le Mans Kit
fitted' I would appreciate you sending me a copy please because I have
never seen one. However if it did say this, it would be somewhat
meaningless unless it listed the actual features.

As regards the early air boxes they were also aluminium but thinner
material and had steel stiffening plates riveted inside where the box
mated with the two carburettors. The aluminium fractured with age.

Regards