Re: [Healeys] 100M?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100M?
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 14:25:10 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/10 11:04:45 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> Yep I read that article. No doubt the timing was to coincide with the
> auction
> sale. Interesting debate about whether it is really a factory 100M even
> though
> a BN1. Should provide some controversy. Obviously the claim doesn,t hurt
> the
> auction marketing either;

I don't know how many times we have to cover this same ground.
1. We know for a fact that the Le Mans Kit was available to be installed on
BN1s, and that DHMCo advertised that fact.
2. We know for a fact that many customers who bought their BN1s in the
Midlands area could have had DHMCo install the Le Mans Kit either before they
picked up the car or just after they purchased it. In one of his books, Geoff
Healey says that he thinks there may have been as many of those
modifications made at The Cape Works as they did after the introduction of the
BN2 100Ms
3.To my knowledge, the term 100M was not used in any brochures or
advertising until the BN2s with the kit installed as a factory option were
introduced
at Earls Court in fall 1955.

THEREFORE, we can reasonably conclude that this is an interesting car, with
its LeMans kit installed in period by DHMCo. That certainly should help its
value. But we also know that this is not a "100M" because the term hadn't
been invented at the time this car had its modification kit installed.

Why have these facts and conclusions not yet penetrated the otherwise
knowledgeable folks who continue to write about these cars is beyond me?

Cheers
gary
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html