Re: [Healeys] BN1 gearbox help

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 gearbox help
From: "Carr&Edwards" <scvc70@epix.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:39:19 -0400
We're going to continue trying various penetrants combined with constant
pressure (we had to get a larger/heavier C-clamp, as the one we started with
actually bent under the strain!).  There's no rust visible anywhere--the
area was protected by the shifter control box, and the whole gearbox looks
well cared-for--and we can't believe the pin withstands the kind of pressure
we've been putting on it.  (Look at Moss Motors' on-line catalog to see
exactly what we're dealing with--pin #64, which holds lever #65 to shaft
#70.)  Fortunately we're in no hurry to get this thing apart.  We'll report
the eventual outcome....

Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA