Re: [Healeys] BN1 gearbox help

To: <scvc70@epix.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 gearbox help
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 01:30:56 +0000
Sarah,
Looking at the BN1 trans in the latest Moss catalog (the numbering is a little
different) and trying to remember when I built mine, I am kind of drawing a
blank on this detail , but I'm wondering if the pin (cotter) you are working
on is a half moon (similar to those used on the lower lnk bushings on the
front suspension) instead of a taper. In that case the trick is to tap the
cotter into a neutral position and then remove the lever by moving it off the
end of the shaft. Might be worth a try...
Bill Lawrence