Re: [Healeys] still too hot...

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] still too hot...
From: Bob Brown <blkbt7@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 13:33:56 -0700 (PDT)
Ron,
I'm enjoying the dialogue regaarding the engine temperature on your
tri-carb. I
sincerly hope a definitive answer surfaces.

My BT7 Tri-carb
has had the same issue for years. I run fine in town or at
moderate highway
speeds, but get it above 65 MPH andthere goes the temperature.
On some
longdistance runs I've run for hours at above 212, No problems but I
just
don't like it. It definitely is worse on a sunny day, of course my car is
black so it maybe absorbing heat from the sun. Your car is white so there is a
difference.

On my radiator shrouding I've addedsealent to prevent any air
from getting
around the radiator, helps but not significant. I do not have OD
issues, running
Redline.

Good luck solving the heat and please share the
result.
Bob

From: Ron Mitchell
healeyron@yahoo.com

My deflectors are still in place & correctly fitted.
Ron
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html