Re: [Healeys] overheating

To: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] overheating
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:03:56 +0200
You should have flushed the engine before you send the radiator away.
Try getting hold of an old radiator, any radiator that will appr. fit.
Fill up with water and caustic soda or one of the products you can buy
in the auto store, and let the engine run for an hour or so. Drain the
system, remove the radiator and connect a water hose to the water pump
outlet  to a hot water tap, then back flush the engine thoroughly with a
strong flow.
This will get the loosened debris out of the engine instead of in your
new shiny recored radiator and blocking it.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

> My radiator is out, just got back from being recored. Manifolds are
> off too. Is there anyway to flush the engine, or do I wait for it to
> be running again and then flush it?
>
> I Erbs
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On Jul 31, 2010, at 8:57 AM, "John Sims" <ahbn6@verizon.net> wrote:

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
coudesluijs.vcf]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html