Re: [Healeys] Thermostat?

To: <dwoerpel@wi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Thermostat?
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:36:14 -0400
My BJ8 has been running higher on the temp gauge than I would like and I had
never tried the sleeved thermostat, so I recently purchased a NOS AC Delco
bellows thermostat with the sleeve (187 deg. F).  I was truly disappointed
that the new thermostat made absolutely no difference in the running
temperature compared with the non-sleeved thermostat (180 deg. F).  The car
still approaches 212 deg. F as it did before.  Of course, it's been pretty
hot around here this summer.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry