Re: [Healeys] Thermostat?

To: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Thermostat?
From: Ron Mitchell <healeyron@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:50:00 -0700 (PDT)
I recently emailed the list a report on the results of my efforts to reduce
the
operating temperature of my 3000 MkII BN7.  One thing I left out was the
use of
a Stant Small Block Chevy 185 degree thermostat.  As I reported my
engine
temperature never exceeded 190 degrees at speeds in excess of 65 mph
for
prolonged periods of time and during city driving with ambient
temperatures in
excess of 85 degrees.  Many of our club members use Stant
Thermostats and don't
have overheating problems.  I've never tried a sleeved
Thermostat so I don't
know what effect that would have on the operating
temperature.

Ron Mitchell
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html