Re: [Healeys] Thermostat?

To: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Thermostat?
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:40:11 +0000 (UTC)
Interesting. You'd think pumping more hot coolant through the radiator--and
less back through the head--would make a difference.

Apparently, the 'bottleneck' in heat dissipation is elsewhere.

bs

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

My BJ8 has been running higher on the temp gauge than I would like and I had
never tried the sleeved thermostat, so I recently purchased a NOS AC Delco
bellows thermostat with the sleeve (187 deg. F). I was truly disappointed
that the new thermostat made absolutely no difference in the running
temperature compared with the non-sleeved thermostat (180 deg. F). The car
still approaches 212 deg. F as it did before. Of course, it's been pretty
hot around here this summer.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry