Re: [Healeys] oil leak

To: "'Geatros'" <geatros@shaw.ca>, "'Wayne Schultz'" <waschu2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] oil leak
From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 19:32:05 -0600
Another thought.. if the fuel pump was left on during the trip, it's
possible that the oil could be sufficiently thinned to easily leak past the
seal and could explode if it is the case... does the "clean" oil smell of
petrol?
dave

frogeye@porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107
505-352-1378
1954 BN2  1959 AN5
Porter Custom Bicycles

cars:
 www.britishcarforum.com/portercustoms.html
gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/porterscustombicycles/PorterCustomBicyclesStuff

blog: http://porterbikes.com/

Hi Wayne,

I think that Dave could be correct  regarding the Container the
Healey was shipped in could have been dropped .... it Happens .

I work on the Vancouver docks and have seen Containers  drop when a
Crane, Dock Gantry , Top Pick, TRG ,  has had a problem when loading
or unloading a Container.

If the crank was bent I think you could feel it when the car is
driven ???

I'd bet the damage happened when the car was driven into the
container.....

Cheers
Kenny
Vancouver BC