Re: [Healeys] Great Find and Historical Data Point

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Great Find and Historical Data Point
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 08:36:56 +0100
Olin,
You need to look for a "NEIMAN" (not LUCAS) steering lock as used with
Volkswagen Beetles. BMC used these locks also for all Austin-Healeys and MGs.
You still can get the later versions new from suppliers like SC Parts. But
they are a little different to the ones used in Austin-Healeys: Just as a hint
have a look here:
http://www.scparts.co.uk/index/lang-2/lkz-195/markenid-3/katnr-3/kat_sprache-
2/hrubnr-721/rubrik-1165/index.php?tpl=clickable_vertikal.tpl&marker=25#25

Or have a look to your local scrap yard and check if you can find a VW Beetle
with a complete lock and keys. Then you only need to drill out the old shear
bolts and buy two new shear bolts to bolt the lock to your Healey, see No 28
on my link above.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----