[Healeys] Great Find and Historical Data Point

Subject: [Healeys] Great Find and Historical Data Point
From: richchrysler at quickclic.net (Rich C)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 19:55:58 -0500
Olin,

You wrote: <snip>
I have always known that my car was delivered in Germany and that the
certificate said that the steering box was an adjustable column with
steering lock.
This is like the Holy Grail for me, and as you would imagine, I was excited
to uncover this bit of
historical significance for my car.
I still need to find a column lock.

Olin,
A fellow here in Southern Ontario ran into a similar circumstance where his
BJ7 was a Sweden spec car and had the column but was missing the lock/key
assembly. Cross referencing the part numbers for the assembly in the
original Spare Parts List it calls for ACB 9425, which subs to 13H 709.
This is exactly the same lock assembly (both numbers) as was used on the
early MGB of the time (and possibly other cars) and he was soon able to find
the assembly on Ebay.

Happy hunting.

Rich Chrysler