[Healeys] Pressure relief valve

Subject: [Healeys] Pressure relief valve
From: rnbmail at yahoo.com (Robert Blair)
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 18:16:32 -0700 (PDT)
Result is what I would expect - 70 cold should not a problem, but dont run it
at 4krpm till it warms a bit.

A coil spring exerts a pressure proportional to the compression.  So by
compressing the spring more when seated, you require a higher pressure to move
it of the seat.  You are simply moving its operationg point up the pressure
curve.

Ideal 3k rpm hot would be 55ish, 1k idle hot would be 35ish.

Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  RNBmail at yahoo.com