[Healeys] worn leather- shoepolish?

Subject: [Healeys] worn leather- shoepolish?
From: peter.svilans at rogers.com (Peter Svilans)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:26:32 -0400
Charlie,

I haven't tried ColorPlus .  Let me know how it works long term.

Call me old-fashioned but I'm not overly thrilled with water-based stuff
generally.   If you look at their site, their emphasis is very much on the
leather end, with vinyl as sort of an aside ( SELL first and foremost ?)  As I
said, leather dye DOES stick to vinyl, but not long term.  It simply doesn't
etch into the surface.  I keep a "test piece" that I did some time ago, and
keep bending it when I pass by, and there's signs of it letting go in places.

The dyes I use are fairly new high-tech products from Germany, and there's no
question whatsoever of "one size fits all".  Ve heff ze technologie   :-)

Peter