[Healeys] Brake lights on

Subject: [Healeys] Brake lights on
From: pennell at cox.net (pennell at cox.net)
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 19:31:59 -0400
Listers,

Need some ideas on the solution to my problem.  Recently the brake lights on my
BN7 will come on when the brake is applied and not go off.  If the ignition is
turned off they will sometimes stay off and sometimes not.  The green-purple
wire from the brake lights switch runs to terminal #5 on the relay.  With no
brake lights I read no voltage there but once the pedal is applied there is
voltage.  However, the voltage stays after the pedal is released as do the
lights.  Are we looking at a faulty brake light switch here or what?

Any thoughts?
Keith