[Healeys] Brake lights on

Subject: [Healeys] Brake lights on
From: eyera3 at gmail.com (I Erbs)
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 16:35:53 -0700
Yes, most likly.  Imho

Ira Erbs
IT Consultant
Portland, OR

sent from my Droid, please excuse typos and random self corrections because
my phone has It's own ideas about what word I meant to write

On May 29, 2011 4:32 PM, <pennell at cox.net> wrote:
> Listers,
>
> Need some ideas on the solution to my problem. Recently the brake lights
on my BN7 will come on when the brake is applied and not go off. If the
ignition is turned off they will sometimes stay off and sometimes not. The
green-purple wire from the brake lights switch runs to terminal #5 on the
relay. With no brake lights I read no voltage there but once the pedal is
applied there is voltage. However, the voltage stays after the pedal is
released as do the lights. Are we looking at a faulty brake light switch
here or what?