[Healeys] 100-Six Owners Manual

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 100-Six Owners Manual
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:09:14 -0400
Rick,

Owners Handbooks were upgraded regularly to stay current with the cars'
developments.  100-Sixes were considered to be "Hundreds" still, and so
carried on with the 996 series handbooks of the A-H 100, the last of which was
publication no. 996/ E for the BN2.

So, the following Longbridge-built 100-Six handbooks have red covers:

996/ F was the first 100-Six handbook, dated January, 1957
996/ G was March, 1957
996/ H  was May, 1957
996/ J  was February, 1958, for the BN4 with 6-port head.  My copy has
Supplement AKD 931 for the new BN6

 Abingdon-built 100-Sixes began with only the BN6 being produced, not the BN4
model.  All A-H handbooks from now on now have blue covers.

AKD 947 , no date given, was for the BN6 model only
AKD 947/ A , no date given, for BN6 and also BN4 from # 48,863 (the switch to
Abingdon production)

With a 1959 model, you probably want the AKD 947/ A book.

We're lucky to have such excellent repro handbooks.  You can tell the repro
from an original, in that the repros have an outline Austin-Healey wings logo,
whereas the originals were filled in solid in gold.

Best regards
Peter
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html