[Healeys] Car Numbers and body numbers

Subject: [Healeys] Car Numbers and body numbers
From: cnaarndt at gmail.com (Curt/Nancy Arndt)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:47:07 -0700
Gary,

Thanks I now understand.  Body numbers 20 through 24 were delivered on the
first truck load with number 24 being off loaded first and therefore the
first car down the production line with its appropriate chassis number.  I
knew but had forgotten that the cars were delivered from Jensen in/on five
car transporters.

Also, I understand  the chassis numbers were shared by other cars at BMC, so
there were gaps in the sequences.  Therefore body numbers are still a more
accurate indicator of build dates and sequence, but not totally exact.

Curt