[Healeys] Pinion Shaft

Subject: [Healeys] Pinion Shaft
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:52:23 +0000 (UTC)
Dunno offhand--something like a 3/4" SAE 'fine,' I imagine (measure diameter
with calipers and TPI with a thread pitch gauge)--but it might be hard to find
a die that size anyway (big $$$, probably).

Try taking a triangular file and filing 3-4 grooves perpendicular to the
threads in your old nut (if it's not too bunged-up); i.e. make a homemade die.
Clean up the starter thread on the pinion best you can with a jeweler's
file--if you can get your homemade die started you've got a chance. Use some
oil and work your homemade die back-and-forth (don't just torque it on).

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA