[Healeys] Useless Information. Only for a Few

Subject: [Healeys] Useless Information. Only for a Few
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 06:53:18 -0700
re: "... they overhauled 20,000 SU fuel pump units BUT the failure rate was
less than 0.1%   ( What are you blokes doing
wrong?)  ..."

For how long?

I can overhaul a 'standard' SU pump properly 100% of the time--most all
components except the pump body with embedded
electromagnet are replaceable if necessary--but, it will fail somewhere down
the road (the issues with the
points--oxidation, pitting, etc.--are well known).  According to Norman Nock,
servicing of SU fuel pumps--which probably
consisted mostly of filing/cleaning or replacing the points--was SOP at tuneup
time.

I postulate the failure rate was 100% over infinite time.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net