Re: [Healeys] Original Unrestored 100M

To: Randy Hicks <Healey100M@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Original Unrestored 100M
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:53:43 -0700
Randy,

The will concur with your $60K estimate as well as the rust issues.

This car will require a lot of rust repair, but it wont be the first
original Factory 100M with this much rust, and in the hands of the right
restorer it can be brought back to life.  I believe that the car (Factory
100M) restored by late David Koch of Canada had this much rust or more.
David used a Kilmartin Chassis because of the rust issues and the results
were spectacular.  When I examined the car some years ago I was amazed at
the quality and originality of the repair.  He went on to win a Gold
Concours award and then he and wife Janet drove the heck out of the car.

Bottom line it just takes time and money but this appears to be a mostly
complete and original, matching numbers car, and Carmine Red ones are rare
and spectacular when restored properly.  I judged both Gordon Brockman's and
Kent Lacy's Carmine Red 100Ms Gold in 1999 and 2005 respectively.

Cheers,

Curt