[Healeys] Fuel Gauge

Subject: [Healeys] Fuel Gauge
From: ahbn6 at verizon.net (John Sims)
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:39:32 -0400
Not to start a flame war, but my gauge works when it damn well feels like it
-- not when I want it to work. I use the method devised by a lister some
time ago in which I ran the tank empty, poured in a gallon, stuck a wooden
rod down, marked it with a notch where it was wet, added another gallon,
marked it, etc. etc, until the tank was full. After a long drive, I measure
the gallons left in the tank and this tells me how much longer I have before
I have to fill up. Hasn't failed me yet but the gauge sure does look nice on
my dash.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com