[Healeys] cylinder head questions

Subject: [Healeys] cylinder head questions
From: austin.healey at gmail.com (Chris Dimmock)
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:49:56 +1000
Hey Gary,
Factory alloy heads are all based on the AEC721 - the original 12 port
head - casting. Even Joe Armors BJ8 based 1965 Sebring car has a
factory alloy head based on the earlier AEC721 casting, not the later
3000 AEC960 casting.
Denis Welch wanted his head accepted by the FIA - it had to be a
replica of the factory alloy head. Hence AEC721
All the AEC 960 heads i have seen are wrongly machined. See
http://www.myaustinhealey.com/aec960-healey-cylinder-head.html
Chris

Sent from my iPhone