[Healeys] Crazy crazy California - S. Carolina DMVs

Subject: [Healeys] Crazy crazy California - S. Carolina DMVs
From: jvvmusme at yahoo.com (José Vicente Vargas)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:34:55 -0700 (PDT)
you could argue that the check is on the mail.... for the past 20 years.....

Josi Vicente Vargas
Musmi

Tel. (571) 321 3740
Cel. (57) 311 288 3401
Skype:
jovivago

www.musme.net

Bogota, Colombia
<gonnagitcha90 at hotmail.com>; Webmeister <healeys at autox.team.net>
>Sent:
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:11 AM
>Subject: Re: [Healeys] Crazy crazy
California - S. Carolina DMVs

>Skip -
>
>I agree 100% with your message, the
weird thing is, I've never skipped
>a ticket in my life so I can't even figure
where this is coming from

<tfsbj7 at mindspring.com> wrote:
>> Sorry... I don't have much sympathy for the
"victims" in this thread.   You
>> receive a ticket; pay it or go to court and
get it reversed.

>> The "ticket blew off the windshield" or "ticket was
taken by a bystander"
>> arguments don't really hold much water with me
either.   Those kinds of
>> events are simply way way too rare to be honest
portrayals of events.
>> (Usually, the sight of a ticket promotes a response
like..."Boy, wouldn't
>> you like to see the person's face when they get back
to the car and see the
>> ticket!")
>>
>> Parking spots are regulated for good
reason(s).  If people don't abide by
>> the regulations it makes finding a
parking space for legitimate parkers even
>> worse than things already
are...or worse, it compromises safety (when people
>> park in front of fire
hydrants, or too close to corners and cause
>> blind-spots for intersections,
for example).  Whenever I see a ticket on a
>> windshield, it tells me the
driver is being intentionally selfish with
>> respect to the needs of his/her
fellow person.... or it tells me that some
>> poor person simply lost track of
time, and therefore needs a reminder that
>> there are penalties for not
paying attention.

>> Yep, I know there are instances where the meter-maid
arrives just as the
>> meter expires; but that too is rare.  Usually a ticket
means a flagrant
>> disregard for parking regulations... So, as I said at the
outset.  No one
>> gets sympathy from me for legal tangles caused by double
infractions.  (You
>> earned the ticket in the first place, and you double
earned your troubles by