[Healeys] Asbestos

Subject: [Healeys] Asbestos
From: healey.nut at gmail.com (Alan Seigrist)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:21:16 +0800
Eberhard -

Asbestos is only dangerous when loose microscopic airborne particles
are inhaled with repeated exposure over several hours or more.

Since the asbestos sheets in the Healey are hard packed, the airborne
risk with them is extremely low, as long as you aren't breaking the
sheets or throwing them around.  If you are worried, you can wear a
disposable face mask (your hardware store should have them) when
removing the sheets from your car.

The only other asbestos on the car is in the brake pads if they are
old ones made before the 1990s.  Again, very low risk to handle them.

Best,

Alan