[Healeys] 100 M to be auctioned March 3rd

To: "Rich Chrysler" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>,
Subject: [Healeys] 100 M to be auctioned March 3rd
From: "Jim & Karen Richmond" <jkrich@gvtc.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:43:29 -0600
A 1955 100  Chassis No. BN2L230235 will be sold at a no reserve auction on
Saturday, March 3rd.  This car, and 90+ other classics from Dick Burdick's
Central Texas Museum of Automotive History will be sold by the Dan Kruse
Classics auction company starting at 10:00 AM at the Museum (which is closing)
located at 2502 Highway 304, Smithville, Texas.

The Healey is being sold as a 100 M.  Rich (or other Healey expert), can you
tell me if this is a true factory or dealer conversion M, or is it a later day
conversion?  The write up says it has a Plexiglas windscreen (which I don't
think was a feature of factory Ms), 1.75" H6 carburetor and a louvered hood
with leather hold-down strap.  It also says the car has been raced.

The photo on the Dan Kruse web site, dankruseclassics.com , with the
non-standard windscreen.  The Healey is listed as Lot 57.  It's hard to tell
if it has a louvered hood and I don't see a hold down strap.  The front, and
probably the back bumpers are missing.  If I have time, I will drive over to
the Museum to take a look at the Healey and the other cars.

Jim Richmond

South Texas AHC

BN1

AN5