[Healeys] BJ8 turn signal indicator light removal

Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 turn signal indicator light removal
From: bjsbj8 at gmail.com (Bob Johnson)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 17:08:56 -0500
In just 3 1/2 hours I have gotten the two walnut dash pieces out in
preparation for refinish. Everything is fine except I cannot remove the
indicator lights from the dash. I think if I twist hard enough the green
plastic that appears to have been spread slightly will give and I can
simply finish by inscrewing them. OTOH, I'm concerned that I could also
break the plastic or damage the metal cover pieces that the plastic arrows
protrude through. Anyone been down this path? How'd you do it?

Thanks,

Bob Johnson
BJ8