[Healeys] Electric Cooling Fan

Subject: [Healeys] Electric Cooling Fan
From: qualitas.jack at gmail.com (Jack Feldman)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 18:46:49 -0500
Thanks to the folks who responded.

The big problem is to squeeze the fan either in front of behind the Healey
radiator.

I went to Barney Gaylord's *mgaguru.com*, where he had a discussion about
using the fans. His comment was that they really don't solve the problem He
described the issues with my MGC accurately. It heats up when running at
speed, and cools down when the speed drops. He said that the problem was
air flow, not the fan. Ed also suggested that an electric fan isn't
necessarily the answer.

Ill try and find an overflow tank for the Healey before looking further.

For the MGC, I'll try getting the radiator cleaned out, and make sure that
the timing is correct before trying the fan. I discovered, naturally be
accident, that there is a supplemental Service sheet for North America that
lists different timing then the manual.

Once again, thanks!

Jack