Re: [Healeys] Another con - fused question

To: robertlarson@att.net, richard.ewald@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Another con - fused question
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 17:02:01 -0500 (EST)
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
I agree with the below & would add that I would put the fuse in the line
leading from the relay to the solenoid. This assumes your wiring harness is in
good overall condition. It is the solenoid that draws a high current during
the initial engagement of the OD & can continue to draw high current if it
does not engage the holding coil circuit due to maladjustment of the OD
solenoid linkage. This could either melt the wire or fry the OD solenoid &
either condition is what I want to prevent with the fuse. My harness is new &
I am not particularly concerned about shorts in the wiring.
Gary Hodson